Thread: Veteran Basher tackles first Real RC Race

BYT Nitro Rustler Expert Gragner's Avatar

Default Veteran Basher tackles first Real RC Race

ok after 8 years or so of bashing nitro trucks i decided to go racing. i bought a HB Ve8 about 2 years ago took that long to get it the way i wanted. i messed with it some along the way. broke stuff here and there found what needed tweeking and so on. so today i raced! wow do i suck or what...lol it was way harder than i thought it would be. i was ok in the straights but couldnt hook up in corners and was off about 11sec from everybody else.....lol i know my biggest problem is gearing and motor setup im set up for top end but the steering seemed to be horrible didnt seem tight as when im just messing around in yard. so back to the drawing board. gotta read up on some racing info. was a great time, learned alot, going back again in Oct
    Nitro Rustler website for links & and hop-ups
    http://gragner.tripod.com/index.html

Silver Level BYT Member Positronic's Avatar

Default Re: Veteran Basher tackles first Real RC Race

Long as you had fun, you probably want to run the tyres that everyone else on the track is running, the right tyres makes a big difference

Throttle, Brake, Dammit!!!! Revolauncher's Avatar

Smaller pinion gear and smooth out the punch control on the ESC would help alot. Also swapping diff. oil setup to 5K (R) 15K (Center), 10K (F) (lighter than bashing) will go a long way to getting through the twisties better. Are you running the same tires as the other guys? That is a huge step up too, in baseline setup, to get closer to where you need to be. Way to get out there and represent the bashers!
    -some say I am the Stig, but I'm just a New York cousin.

BYT Nitro Rustler Expert Gragner's Avatar

my tires are close to others but i did get a lower pinion gear and set my punch control also drag brake maybe. im messing with the mamba software now. as far as diff oils when i built the buggy it was to race specs per a HB D8 but that is a nitro buggy. thanks for all the info!
    Nitro Rustler website for links & and hop-ups
    http://gragner.tripod.com/index.html