Thread: rc8t ce good?

Default rc8t ce good?

i am looking at a RC8T CE kit. for the race season. i have a few questions though. with all the new exotic truggys coming out. like the serpant, hot bodies d8, or even the mugen. is the rc8t ce still capable of being competitive.
    also what size engine does it need to have good power to weight ratio and accelrate fast for triples ect.

how is its duability compared to other truggys as im new to racing truggys.

and i like the carbon fiber radio tray of the rc8. but the rc8 ce dont come with it. do the rc8 and rc8t use the same radio tray for the servos. or does it need the plastic one for the forward battery box to mount?
    i know if it would fit i would also need the servo mount riser things.

Thanks, chris
    <<<Monster Truck Racing Is Still Alive>>>

Default Re: rc8t ce good?

There are several RC8T's running where I race they are durable and parts are readily available at local HS . As for the radio tray I'm not sure why the went from carbon fiber to plastic never seen any problems with them . All the new truggies are good . All depends on how much you want to spend ...
    HOTBODIES VE8
    HOTBODIES HARA EDITION D8
    HOTBODIES D8T

Thanks to my sponsors .....
    Sidewinder fuels
    Kal-Gard
    Wicked Fx

thanks, i like the parts support is a big reason for the rc8t and i like to stick wit a brand thats been around wil and is in the us. and its been awile since they came out with a newer version so its probly going to be a good chassis to race for a few years at least.

Gold Level BYT Member michael_lambert's Avatar

Nothing wrong with the RC8 series. If you have the parts support and fellow racers who run them to help you set it up then i would say go for it !

It will last a while, and people will be racing the platform for a few years, however i would not be surprised to see a newer model released next year with the intro of the newer models coming out this year.
    Michael Lambert
    Kyosho America | Reds Racing USA | Team Orion | JConcepts | Peak Racing Products | Sprucewood Leasing | Pinnacle hobby | Northern RC
    TKi3 | RB6 | ST5 | Ultima SC

are ae kits hard to put together?

no not too bad at all
    Go big or go home

just an update, since i have started this post i did get the rc8t ce edition and put it together it took me 3 days working on it for a few hours each day. this was my first kit though and i did a couple step wrong and had to take it apart and re do it.

i have raced it in a few club reaces and it handles great. and i raced in in a larger event were i bumped from the lowest main to c main.

Oh man. That's mad nice. I love the look of truggies.
    I GOT THE JUICE!

Looks great, love the blue anno!

This is my first truggy i have ever run or owned. im a ex mt racer and raced a revo before this. since truggy have made monster truck raceing go away in this area. im shure there are still places but truggys do seem to be taking over.

for anyone wanting to know what im running or how i like it i will just tell you.

aftr 1 1/2 gallons

the truck i am running just how it came out of the box in peices. with the exeption i put the aluminum center chassis braces for associated on it for looks and duribility and running de racing skid plates front and rear and the mud gaurds on the rear arms.. other than that its stock. i really like the jconcepts wing and tires. the body however cracked in 3 places second run on the track with no bad crashes jconcepts replaced it with no questions.. tires have about 90% tread after 1 1/2 gallons on a hard packed track with lots of rock and known to eat tires.

engine is the reedy 121. the st version came out about a week later. and it looks for tuned for truggy. althogh this one seems to have just enough power as it is. break in went smooth and took like 4 hours to do. i dont remember reedy exact break in technique but it think it was idle on box for 3 tanks then slowly drive it for 4 tanks increasing throttle from 1/4 to full. and it is just now starting to come alive after 1 1/2 gallons. you till cnat turn over the flywheel throgh the flywheel opening in the chassis it has so much comression. but with the engine removed you can tell it will have nice comression for a long time to come. its smooth all the way to the top with a nice pop at the top just like it should. bearing still feel smooth. and the quality is great reedy really made a good engine. although it runs a little hot in the 250-280 range on the hottest days. and on a main it says it would run hot so it must just be this engine. the reedy plug went bad right after break in and im running a os p4 plug in it now and it works great. through out the entire engines life it has not flamed out in a race once. clutch wear is average with the engine as well. still running the 8mm restrictor and it has plenty of power to power the truck over tripples right after sharp corners.

exhust is the reedy exhast recomended in the manual. not shure the numbr but its the low end one and the reedy header to go with it. it works great and the dirt and grime just wipes off the hard anodising. some of the baked on stuff comes off after scraping it with the bake of a knife blade

for servos im running savox 1256 and 1258 other than making a noise at neutral they are great. titanium gears and aluminu heasink cases for 70-80$ well see how they hold up in the ling run. ill keep this thread updadet as the truck breaks in. this season. may have to upgrade the stock associated plastic steering servo horn to aluminum as the stock one flexes at full steering. throttle horn seems fine.

transponder is the new mylaps rc4 micro one with the plasic clip. i like it. it dont miss any laps. only thing is the wires are really small and stiff and may be single stranded. they seem fine just weak for what they are.

starter box is the blue ofna truggy star 10244 i think. im running a 12volt gel cell in it and yet it doeas weigh a lot but i fiqure its not a part of the car so it dont matter. i have run it over a 3 day event with practice friday and 3 qualifyers saturday and mains sunday without charging it. starter wheel is getting a small groove in it from engine getting stuck at tdc. and wheen it does white smoke comes off the wheel. first time it did it i thought i caught the box on fire or burned up the wireing. i have upgraded the white tamiya plug to deans for more current rating. and to charge the battery through.

for a rx batter im running 5 cell hump pack. it a hi-energy off brand my hobby shop sells. it lasts a 30 minute race with the high end servos just fine. not shure the mah rating.

broken parts to date are. 2 front caster blocks. cracked the dirt shikd off and were still intact enogh to finish the race and probably make good spares. i think what happens is when you hit somthing the sttering knuckles hit it and crack them, 1 rear hub, 1 left front cvd bent, 1 left rear outer hing pin bent.

another update, the truck has about 2 gallons on it now,

just showing the wear on the chassis. has taken some hard hits and cartwheels as this is my first truggy. has not bent or twisted. note i am running the aluminum center braces.

front arm after one of those hard hits. i still am running this arm and it has not seemed to affect the truck.

have also fried the savox throttle servo. it just quit qorking and wold not even power up. burned out at last race and am still awaiting reply from savox.

New BYT Member

i have been running the RC8T for some time now i really like the truggy it took me some time to get very thing dailed in but once u do it runs great and fast i got my truggy about 4 years ago it ones the fist associated rc8 t that came out and iam still running it just replace what needs to be fix i have added some of the new things tht came out for it and its got all the hopup stuff thats on the new ce truck