Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: best basher?

Question best basher?

Looking for a brushless basher...would like to stay around $250-$300; rtr.

RC10T4.1
    Losi Speed-T
    HPI E-Firestorm

Traxxas Rustler (over price range)

At the moment I'm leaning towards the 10T4.1...

Default Re: best basher?

Used rustler vxl? Their around 200 used

no need for a fancy stereo system...
    My stereo is under the hood

Bronze Level BYT Member got nitro?'s Avatar

best basher id say would be the rusty then the t4.1 then the firestorm. but the pede said you can get a nice used rusty with some upgrades on ebay for easily under $250
    Quote Originally Posted by NickRummy View Post
    Lower the center of gravy the better the handling!

Bronze Level BYT Member RCaddict0's Avatar

Ive read that the T4.1 is more of a racer, I would have said Rustler Hands Down any other time. But after completing my Firestorm........ Either would be a good choice. But I have read time and time again the T4 is a good basher, but more fragile than the other two
    Traxxas E Maxx, Stampede & Rustler VXL, Rally VXL 1/16 - HPI Bullet ST FLUX - ARRMA Granite BLX
    ECX Ruckus Brushless! Hobbywing Powered!

BYT Life Member chiefmasterbeast's Avatar

As an owner of three Rustlers, two of which where used, I'd have to say the Rustler is a great basher. You can find one used easily and aftermarket support is through the roof. You would be good to go with a Rustler.
    Nah, he didn't slam into you; he didn't bump you; he didn't nudge you; he rubbed you. And rubbin, son, is racin'. -Harry Hogge (Days of Thunder)

Bronze Level BYT Member g00d$p33d's Avatar

any of the 1/10 2wd traxxas rigs are tough...i mean the true 1/10s like slash bandit rustler pede....i cant vouch for the 4wd ones but i havent hear of any problems...but unless you want to buy new they should all be in you price range i think
    byt permanoob
    vxlpede ae entc3
    brothers xl5pede 3.3 revo
    cuz gawd loves a contry boy... till the contry boy needs parts

I say go with a used rustler vxl, I had a firestorm for a short while, and didn't think it seemed quite as strong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter
    Find out what you cannot do, and then go out and do it

HPI e-firestorm no doubt! Very durable truck. Awesome handling too.

Sig by Stampedevxl^

Yea, the Firestorm handles ilke its on freakin rails! The Rustler was excellent. Ive had one and it was one of the best all around bashers Ive ever owned. Like it was said above..Any 2wd Traxxas would fine. I have not had the firestorm very long and didnt run it with its stock parts. So I cant speak of its durability. Ive wrecked it a couple times, but its already RPMed so... But You really cant go wrong with TRX. Being a Traxxas guy I ofcourse will recommend them. ..But Ive wned dozens of trucks from about every major RC company and I seemed to end up with all Traxxas. There durable as they come and parts and aftermarket parts are endless and readily available. Shoot...I heard they are going to start carryin them at autozone.
    Traxxas E Maxx, Stampede & Rustler VXL, Rally VXL 1/16 - HPI Bullet ST FLUX - ARRMA Granite BLX

Thumbs up Re: best basher?

Thanks guys. I'm kinda leaning toward the Firestorm at the moment. Steel internals, 5700kv motor, seems to have a lower COG than the Rusty...decisions, decisions...

Official Husker Fan of BYT huskersforever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brianw View Post
    Thanks guys. I'm kinda leaning toward the Firestorm at the moment. Steel internals, 5700kv motor, seems to have a lower COG than the Rusty...decisions, decisions...
    The rustler VXL has steel internals, the motor/esc is waterproof, and for bashing a lower COG is not really that good! You want something to sit a little higher to take the jumps. My preference would be the stampede, it is just a much more simple design than the rustler. Plus you get ground clearance.

If you want to bash hard but not over big rocks i would get a slash.
    Super glue and duct tape will fix it.

slash. beat mine nastily, just comes back for more.
    The mighty E-Maxx 3905,brushless 2340kv stylee,
    Traxxas Slash VXL.
    Axial Honcho.
    Axial Wraith.

If you are looking to race, go ahead get the firestorm, but for hardcore straight bashing, go with the Rustler. Plus the Rustler can be set up to be just as low as the Firestorm. Granted, I bought a Rustler for my first RC and I haven't had a Firestorm, but I run with CMB, and it seems his Firestorm breaks more then my rustler did when it was stock. But when we get down and race, it is close, but I would say the firestorm takes me only because I have my rustler strictly set up for Bashing. It would probably be even closer if I set my COG lower and make little adjustments.

In My Opinion, I have begun to think that Traxxas is more for Bashers, while HPI is more for Racing. Y'all can correct me if need be, but that's just what it seems like to me.

Verdicted: Used Rustler VXL
    HPI Baja 5SC SS ~ HPI Vorza Flux ~ Axial Wraith

~YouTube Channel~
    http://www.youtube.com/user/usafmoore67/featured

Silver Level BYT Member beatnrcs's Avatar

Rustler all the way

Rusty ftw

Yea, the Rustler VXL with some RPM and your set. You can beat that truck to death. But my Firestorm with RPM arms, carriers, etc is just as strong. Mine was a tank. As was my Rustly with the same parts. But any of the three with those upgrades should be great. Shoot my Evader has been great honestly.

I had a rustlet vxl, but I think my slash 4x4 is the best basher . Just my 2 cents
    Slash 4x4,Vorza Flux, Savage Flux HP, Sold List: Stampede 4x4, Rustler vxl, Stampede XL1,Stampede XL5. Whats next?

i personally have a t4.1 and i can say its an awesome basher! if you put rpm arms all around and then upgrade as you break its awesome. You can check out my youtube channel "gbsharon123" to see some of my bashing vids of it.

Another vote for a used vxl rustler here, especially if it has rpm parts on it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast