Thread: Motor for 1/16 revo

Default Motor for 1/16 revo

Hey all, i am new to the forums here, but i have a question,

I want to get a new motor for my mini e revo and i was wondering what kind of recommendations anyone had for one?

I have put quite a few hop-ups on mine , so what are some essential hop-ups to be made on it? the motor is the main one right now, i cooked mine i think, its not working and i tried a friends and it worked fine so its definitely the motor.

thanks everyone , i appreciate any feedback at all.

Cheers,

Nooklear

Default Re: Motor for 1/16 revo

what esc are you running? if it hasn't been upgraded yet, you will want to do that before getting a better motor, or you will fry it....

i run a mamba max pro

as for the motor, the best is a neu by castle, but they are like $150..... second to that, is one made by arc, 28-47-1 and it is $60, it is good for up to 4s

realize if you do that, you will also need to upgrade the drivetrain and also your batteries

I am about to put a Sidewinder SCT on mine using the Tenbol Big Block motor mount
    My Garage
    T-Maxx-Sirio .27, RPM Stablemaxx with HPI tires
    Savage 25-Converted to Electric Tork 2200, needs ESC
    Rustler-RPM all around CC3800 on 2S, with Slash 4x4 rims and tires
    Mini Slash-CC4600 on 2 2S, Traxxas CVDs, currently being rebuilt
    Micro Rally
    knock off micro heli

I honestly say stick with the stock one. Its an absolute powerhouse for its size. I would just suggest upgrading the esc.
    But if you want to upgrade the motor, grab a sidewinder 4600 combo. That will be more than enough, plus its the cheapest Castle Creations 1/10scale system. If you want something more top end, grab the Mamba Max pro. Either way, both are awesome systems.

Sig by Stampedevxl^

there is a new one i seen in rc-car its 380 brushless uses 4 magnets i think so there is alot more power, Trinity monster is the name. There listed for $59.99! So maybe with a ton of more power than any other 380 size motors you might want to look into that!

the arc is a 4 pole, like the neu...... and i have heard it can do 4s....... i want one

i ran my merv with the vxl today in 4s.... holy moley!!!!!!! rediculous fast

Tenbol with a 550 Novak!

"there is a new one i seen in rc-car its 380 brushless uses 4 magnets i think so there is alot more power, Trinity monster is the name. There listed for $59.99! So maybe with a ton of more power than any other 380 size motors you might want to look into that!"

I read some reviews on these. They are supposed to be very strong and supposed to work with the stock ecs also. It is a D3 mini monster horsepower
    I have no idea how that happened, let's do it again.

Best motor depends on what you want it to do.

For general use the stock motor is very nice. If you want more power, the Tenbol is a great way to put affordable motors in for insane power.

For speed, I stuck a Mamba Max Pro with the 4600 in mine and run 4S. I have no idea how fast it goes since the weather isn't permitting *Hate Winter!*
    With a laser tach it calculated >90mph, that's without wind resistance. I can gear a little higher but I really need to do some running to see how it does as it's setup now.
    Lower KV motors won't work for higher speeds because pinions and spurs are not available to take advantage. Higher KV motors just can't handle the voltage to get more speed.

With the Mamba Max, I've tried the 7700 with 2 series 2s and had long run times but the pinions were fairly small. I also tried the 6900 and it worked about the same with slightly larger gears. I think the 6900 would be about the fastest for the average MERV user but not the best choice.
    The 5700 worked well as an overall setup, two 2s in parallel gave me good run times and great for general use but throwing in two 3s in parallel allowed for speed runs without needing to change gearing. I think the 5700 is about the best overall for the average MERV user.

The shortcourse seems a bit low on KV but I've not tried it yet. I've had great success with the other motors so it will probably be a while before I buy one.
    The Novak HV motors are going to be bigger and heavier than needed. Gearing is going to be difficult if not impossible to find. Consider the shortcourse motors first.

hey jimbo with that 6s esc in that merv did you have any problems with it hafting to be crammed in there sideways? Like the motor heat right on the bottom. Or the top of it where the fan is? Just PM me

i did pm you, no issues with it ziptied to the motor

I say get a Tenbol motor mount. If the drivetrain can handle it then it'll open a wide variety of motors
    My toys:
    00 951XP
    85 JS550
    99 YZ250

Savage Flux