Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mrp high roller

Default Mrp high roller

I have 3 vintage MRP high roller that ive been working on. All the gears isn the centeral gear box were bad. I found a source for gears and made new one out of Aluminum. my favorite material. I have had to make some other parts as well to get the all back and running. Tube steering shafts and some wheel axles and diff clamps. Im always looking for leads on parts. or other trucks.
    Last edited by Monstertrucker14; 08-13-2010 at 10:20 AM.

Default Re: Mrp high roller

Do you have any pics of the trucks. I have never heard of that truck but it sounds like a cool project.
    A message for lapped traffic:
    " Theres a race going on, and you arn't in it."
    RC

http://a.imageshack.us/img706/1417/ben2648.th.jpg
    Over a hour later. Their has to be a better way. OH wait their is. just add attacment box to the reply window and presto done.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstertrucker14 View Post
    http://a.imageshack.us/img706/1417/ben2648.th.jpg
    Over a hour later. Their has to be a better way. OH wait their is. just add attacment box to the reply window and presto done.
    Become a paying member and presto there it is

Bandwidth isnt free.
    YOUR BRUSHLESS OR NITRO MAY BE FAST
    BUT MY 5B/T IS A HEAVY LOUD PIG

~~~~~

Beating My Truck Not A Rite
    A
    Responsabilty

RC SPEED CACULATOR

That is'nt going to solve the problem.

I just saw a Mrp high roller sell for $720 WOW!!!! on Ebay.

That is'nt going to solve the problem.
    how isnt it going to solve the problem? All your complaining is doing you no good. If you become a supporter, you can post attachments. So pay 10 bucks and become one already!

Sig by Stampedevxl^

Oh a thread trasher. How origional.

i love the look of these trucks mmm in the future?
    slayer is the best band ever \m/

Throttle, Brake, Dammit!!!! Revolauncher's Avatar

Oh a thread trasher. How origional.

Yep, they are everywhere. Sounds pretty cool, I remember those back in the day. The Big bear was really popular at my Hobby Shop growing up. They sold dozens of them. Then the clod buster came out and all the big bears went up for sale.
    -some say I am the stig, but I'm just a New York cousin.

I have 2 big bears as well.
    I just finished making some hinge pins for my Mrp high roller. Total 8 pins. Now my third truck getting closer to being finished.
    So far I have made: the chassis rails, steering tube, grearbox traction braces, 3/16 yokes, outboard wheel shafts qty4, diff thrust plate, hinge pins, motor plate, gears for the centeral gearbox (primary gear, idler gears x 2 ) I plan to make some lower main gears and the centeral gearbox as well if I can't find one. It dosen't pay to just make one part anymore. I make several with the setups I use.

Parts are extreamlly hard to come buy now. I have been real busy with my largescale but have made some progerss on my Mrp build parts. I finally got the centeral gear box drawn so I can machine it in the future. I have the matreial for it.The tub is still a idea in progress. I can do it but it takes time.

I just picked up some more MRP high roller parts . Several tires and another rolling chassis. I machined the ceteral gear box and other parts. The list is growing.
    Last edited by Monstertrucker14; 03-17-2011 at 08:26 AM.

I scored 2 more MRP High rollers!!!!One is only missing a few parts (idler gears and primary gear which I have) and roll bar lights. Not a problem !!! I made a mold to cast them and replace them. The other is just a roller. Im sure the primary gear is bad and it's missing motor and the motor plate which I have and the traction braces, the front dog bones and front drive shaft All of which I have, I got the material for the tub. I couldn't believe how cheap it was. Now I have to make the mold for the cover.
    IF you can't handle the TRUTH jusk keep on TRASH talking. The one who can't prove Im a FAKe is the real phoney!

I have 3 vintage MRP high roller that ive been working on. All the gears isn the centeral gear box were bad. I found a source for gears and made new one out of Aluminum. my favorite material. I have had to make some other parts as well to get the all back and running. Tube steering shafts and some wheel axles and diff clamps. Im always looking for leads on parts. or other trucks.
    = I have a High Roller also, that I bought when they first came out in the 80s. I ordered many parts from MRP too back then when they still were making them. There were many flaws in the design of the running gear of the Truck. I was forever breaking the dog bone axles, trans gears and other parts as well. They discontinued making parts in '93-'94 I think. Someone out there has the DIES-MOLDS to the parts though! Problem is finding them. I need Axels and some gears again. The Truck just sits now "Retired" .. It was a lot of fun to play with though, especially in the lakes and on the beach. Sucks that MRP basically told US to EFF ourselves on these trucks! Some one out there has the DIES though. I find it hard to believe that they through them away. I'm still looking though! If I hear of anything, I will post..

I just picked up some more MRP high roller parts . Several tires and another rolling chassis. I machined the ceteral gear box and other parts. The list is growing
    From doing some reading, the Tamiya Black Foot and Clod Buster Parts, may be able to be modified to work on The High Roller. I'll look into it further. I got the bug to get this going after sitting for 10 years! ..

Those trucks are completly different. im making more parts to keep my trucks going.

Those trucks are completly different. im making more parts to keep my trucks going.
    =
    I located one of the guys that used to own MRP. When he sold the company years back, the High Roller dies/molds still existed. He's going to see what he can do to locate the the dies/molds if they still exist. He said that he's gotten many inquiries throughout the years about High Roller parts. If he can't find the dies/molds, I'll most likely make my own parts too. I have two complete transfer case gears and many third member gears, so I'm good there. It's the dog bone axles and spindals that I need. I think I can machine them down from grade 5 bolts.

man i would love to have one of these i love vintage rc's
    back in michigan i didn't realize how much i loved snow

MRP is back in business now with new stuff. It would be nice to see the truck back into production just like Tamiya did with their retro stuff. I done the wheels shafts with no problem but the yokes and dog bones are impossible. I have tried everything. I have the primary gear problem solved as the idler gears and all the other gears in the centeral gearbox. The wheels were another problem I solved.

Now I want to start on the Royal crusher. I picked one up real cheap complete to run.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast