Thread: looking for axial scx10 mods/upgrades

Talking looking for axial scx10 mods/upgrades

hey whats up all just got a axial scx10 tr ....lookin for some mods/upgrades ,or where and what kind of hop ups are out there... already moved the batt. up front , alum.servo arm and steering linkage,cleaned up all the wiring and moved the esc,,modded the front bumper moved the lights to the sides of the bumper and put a 3racing winch where they were.
    there may be a thread already on this but im blind in one eye and cant see out of the other

thanks
    sorry about the pics all i got is my phone

Last edited by vegasadamk; 02-26-2010 at 11:23 PM.

Silver Level BYT Member Positronic's Avatar

Default Re: looking for axial scx10 mods/upgrades

A new servo like the hitech 645mg would be my first upgrade on this rig, second would be an esc

welcome to BYT

ya same with posi

if you esc is still good i would get that new servo then esc soon after

Sig by Nitrosport182
    It ain't broke if it still moves.

yeah get rid of the esc and servo!!! someone else had a servo melt down on him!!! id replace that first
    Ford...at least they circled the problem!
    Traxxas Slash BL Tire destroyer
    Definite fan of the EZRun setup!

Talking Re: looking for axial scx10 mods/upgrades

yea i never keep the stock electronics, i just got the rtr so i can drive it right away ,im looking more for like suspension mods, shock tower mods any unique scale items ,what millimeter aluminum links or has anyone found any high clearance links to use with the scx10?

thanks for the help

ps. thanks for the welcome ,iv actually been a member for years off and on i just cant remember my log in or password or both

well yeah you can get the hardware upgrade pack and the alu links, or make some, the axial alu c-hubs are good because you can clock them, and raise the steering link out of the way a bit, powerline shocks perhaps.

stick the 4 link truss on it if you havnt already

yea i got the hardwear upgrade kit and i got some high clearnce links from dynamite ,they said they fit both ax10 and scx10 but they are like a half inch to long ....also does the 4 link set up use the same lower links or do i need to buy some links to use it? the truck came with a few xtra links the same ones as the lower ones but they look to long to fit on the uppers

as far as I understand with the axial 4link truss you use upper links the same length as the lowers, I dont have one so I can't be sure, just eyeball it and see if that looks right

Veteran BYT Member TRXrevodude07's Avatar

yea, ditch the servo and esc ASAP.

My esc lasted 20 mins and the servo started on fire the next night.

I have also found out that with the battery in the front you can get one side up to high or it rolls.

Battery up front = higher center of gravity.

way to be cheap axial, no lock tight on my drive line..... well i guess i gotta fix that and im all about overkill so i went ahead and drilled a hole in my trany shaft , then i took one of the studs from my hardwear upgrade kit ran it all the way through my drive line till it was flush with the drive line the side with the hex on it , i then cut off the rest of the other side that is sticking out and then backed out the stud to repair the threads apply a little lock tight slip the drive line on ,line up the hole and run the stud in to the trany shaft ....this thing will never come off agian
    sorry about the pics i dont know what i did diffrent from last time

Last edited by vegasadamk; 03-09-2010 at 10:46 PM.

Veteran BYT Member TRXrevodude07's Avatar

If you haven't yet, I would suggest pulling ur axles apart.

My front was missing a bearing on the rig side of the diff and had no lube on the gears and the rear had very lil lube on the gears.

Bronze Level BYT Member Broke it again's Avatar

I know you said that you moved your battery to the front, but how did you place it? This is how I did mine and I got the battery a lot lower and it works perfect. You just zip tie the holder to the shock towers. Also, I would suggest a Hitec 7955 servo over a 645, I stripped 2 of them in one day. The top brass gear strips fairly easy in the 645's. I would also suggest the Tekin FXR with a Tekin 35T. Add about 6-7 oz. of weight ot the front rims and drill a hole for air to move in there. 3-4 oz. in the rear is a good idea also. I put the Proline scale shocks on one of the trucks and I really cant tell much of a difference over stock buit at least they look cool. If you get them, make sure the lower cup that threads onto the body is tight. I had 3 shocks leak because I didnt check them.Here is a pic of the battery on my truck.

Last edited by Broke it again; 03-10-2010 at 07:42 PM.
    Losi 8ight-T 1.0

losi 8ight-T 2.0

HPI Hellfire

Associated SC8

Timberwolf Scaler

Axial SCX-10 Scaler

Axial AX10 Crawler

Axial SCX10 Honcho

Traxxas Slash

Traxxas Slash Ultimate

Piles of T-Maxx garbage

i have mine up front in between the shock towers but i cut about a 1/4 in of the 3 post ... i kinda like having it there it feels more scale like there is a motor in there , i also already hot glued pellets in all for rims .. i filled up the little grove in the middle ... also for anyone reading this who got a rtr you need to at least break the seal on the rims .mine were kinda hard, after opening them up they are nice and soft now i did order mine from a different state so maybe it was climate change .. im not gona drill holes in the rims i plan on driving in water

as far as weight i have the wheels wrapped in 1 pound of solder per front wheel i can adjust the weight according to what im gonna be doing with it

i also need help locating links for my tr..ill be dammed if im gonna spend 50.00 on the upgrade kit