Thread: 2s lipo 7.4 volt how many volts should it have after it is fully charged?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    New BYT Member

Default 2s lipo 7.4 volt how many volts should it have after it is fully charged?

How many volts should my 2s 7.4 lipo have after it is fully charged? How many amps should i charge it at, on the battery it says max. charging rate 3 amps? How many volts to you run them down to before you recharge them? What about discharging how does that work are you suppose to discharge them done to 0 volts then charge them back?

Default Re: 2s lipo 7.4 volt how many volts should it have after it is fully charged?

Lipos should never be discharged below 3V PER CELL. So a 2S should never go below 6V.

If your battery says to charge at a max of 3S then that's as high as you should charge.

What are the specs on the battery? I'm guessing it's a 2S 3000mah?

New BYT Member

Default Re: 2s lipo 7.4 volt how many volts should it have after it is fully charged?

Its a Common Sense RC 7.4v 1500mah 18c battery. with up to a 2c charge rate. What does the 2c charge rate mean?

the 18c = it has a continous discharge rate of 18, the higher the number the more output from it but shorter run time. i personally like a 25c or 30c for the micor -t and will wind up with them in the mini lst cars.

the 2c charge rate means its nominal charge rate is 2 amp, the maximum is what you said, 3 amps!
    -MICRO -T >threaded shafts, 3racing shocks, alloy supension, lipo
    -MLST x2 > SINGLE servo mod, full alloy supension, vicious diffs, center locking spool, bigger meats, sway bars, BL & Li next!

also i believe the 2 cell lipo should be fully charged at 9.0 volts. a good balance charger can be bought for $50 or more.
    look on ebay for the $40-50 something mystery or imax chargers, they are cheap balance chargers but are better than a wall plug charger an dit will shut down the charging when its done.
    -MLST x2 > SINGLE servo mod, full alloy supension, vicious diffs, center locking spool, bigger meats, sway bars, BL & Li next!

Bronze Level BYT Member

wow, some seriously wrong info there omni.

1c is the mah rating, in your case 1500mah, the 18c rating means it will put out 18 x 1500ma constant, on this pack that is 27amps.

even tho your pack says you can charge at 2c (3a) most people would recommend charging at 1c (1.5a)

as nick said you should never drain the pack below 6v, you should be running some sort of lipo voltage cut off to prevent this.

and fully charged the pack should read 4.2v per cell, 8.4v for your pack.
    Losi 8ight 2200kv castle/monster/5s lipo

LST2 monster/1600kv 80mm Medusa/ 6S LiPo

XR10 Comp rig

2.2 F350 basher/scaler

Losi Mini Crawler

thanks for the correction, i thought i read and understood it correctly, guess not!