Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nitro Stampede

Default Nitro Stampede

Hey all
    ive been repressing it for nearly 3 years, but i can hold it no longer, i need another nitro truck
    ive been looking at the traxxas nitro stampede, i have the electric stampede and i love it to bits, but is the nitro version the same? does the .15 engine have enough power to shift it? does anyone have any comments or complaints about this truck?
    the ez-start would be binned from the start btw, it would be pullstart all the way
    cheers all
    Roo

Default Re: Nitro Stampede

I have a Nitro and electric pede and love them both. The nitro ran good with the Pro .15 but it runs great the the 2.5r. It's a very fun truck and very strong, you will not be disappointed.

The Pro .15 is a nice engine, and has some descent power. Mine has lasted a long time in my Nitro Sport. You also wont have to worry about any shifting as the Nitro Pede is only a single speed transmission.
    Is this thing still on?

whats the duribility like on these trucks? i had a t-maxx and it broke every single time i took it out, id rather much like a truck that you can use at least 1 full day without something going wrong
    are they complicated trucks? from the diagrams they seem pretty simple, but knowing traxxas you have to take the whole bloody thing apart just to get at something minor loke the brake disc or the shock towers

I dont have one myself, Ive got the Nitro Sport. They should be pretty straight-forward to work on, not bad. They are pretty tough, but the usual parts will break on you after time. Castor blocks, rear hubs, shock towers, and a-arms are usually the first to go. If you had aluminum or replacements of those you would be set. (Oh and obviously RPM for the arms )
    Is this thing still on?

yeah, rpm seems to be the way forward, and those castor blocks are coming streight out lol, not heard of a shock tower breaking though, how are they for stupid little parts breaking, my maxx it was usually something as simple as a turnbuckle, or mainly the engine not running, i needed a toolbox the size of a 3 story building just to keep all the spares in
    either way i think its going to be a worthwile little truck to own, maybe even grab a better engine for it, i love the look of the RD logistics dual exaust too, that would look sweet on the back

Its really hard to say b/c everyone runs and beats their trucks differently then the other. Some people have great luck while others break parts more often. It shouldnt nickle and dime you to death like the T-Maxx, I would say go for it.
    Is this thing still on?

neat, thanks for the advice nitro, i thought the maxx had put me off nitro for life, but hopefully i will have better luck with a pede

Good luck with it, keep us updated
    Is this thing still on?

Police Cadet Mielke

the thing on my nito stampede i broke alot of was the servo but i missed my ramp at full speed and it a wall, the pedes are tuff
    My Garage
    T-Maxx-Sirio .27, RPM Stablemaxx with HPI tires
    Savage 25-Converted to Electric Tork 2200, needs ESC
    Rustler-RPM all around CC3800 on 2S, with Slash 4x4 rims and tires
    Mini Slash-CC4600 on 2 2S, Traxxas CVDs, currently being rebuilt
    Micro Rally
    knock off micro heli

Holy thread revival Batman!

YES! in keeping with the tradition of old members popping their heads in every now and again mostly as a result of a late night drunk ebay spree that i dont fully remember, a mysterious box arrived at my front door which contained the RC truck that i created this thread from a whopping nearly 7 years ago, i give you, the nitro stampede

Better late then never i suppose, but alas, it is what looks to be a very early stampede with the stick type transmitter (remember those?) and an engine that i do not recodnise (the pro 15 had a blue top, so just a normal .15?) To my amazement it came full of batteries that all work (including the glow plug stick thing) and even more amazing is that it only needed 1 tug on the pullchord to start it! after roughly 5 minutes of tearing it around the car park with the biggest grin across my face i realized that these things of course run on fuel, and it ran out, and i dont have any more......

I had forgotten how much fun these little things are, main problem is that i have totally forgotten all things nitro, even down to what it runs on lol i remember using fuel called "Blue Thunder" back in the day, though the stuff that was already in it was pink, so perhapse times have moved on from blue stuff, either way, once i find a place that sells the magical liquid that this thing runs on then i will update this thread some more

Cheers all

Roo

GETNDIRTY WIT JEEPS johnbanghart's Avatar

welcome back rooooooooooo we missed you
    brushless Ofna 9.5 and brushless emaxx jammin crt x1 pro brushless and nitro crt x1 losi drift r losi strike associated t4 and sc10

Holy $&@% its a zombie! Kill it with fire!!!!!!

Welcome back sir. I believe that is an AE .15, or a trx .12 it ought to say on the engine somewhere. If its an traxxas "image .12" than pull that sucker out asap, they are very sought after. From the anodizing on the chassis id say its an early early car so you did well no matter what.

Your timing is well done. Can you guess what landed in my lap this weekend? Yours looks like its in a million times better shape though and i look forward to seeing what you do with it.
    Last edited by FieroMan121; 06-30-2015 at 10:11 AM.

VINTAGE
    TRX FTW!

cheers guys, tis good to hear from you again, have no idea why it took me so long to get back into this

Anyhoo, after giving it a look over the engine has "Torq 12" written on the side, didnt seem amazingly powerful but then i havnt really tuned it and it ran on half a tank of god knows how old fuel, it has plenty of compression

So! first question lol someone reccomend me a fuel to run it on? seems i cant buy blue thunder anymore, and have no idea what percentage it was either lol

Blue thunder was crap bitd anyhow, VP makes great fuel. Thats what i was running for a while before i shelfed the nitro stuff last time. 30% as a rule seems to work well for me with small blocks

VINTAGE
    TRX FTW!

right, well the hobby shop has has either modeltechnics (looks and sounds cheap) optifuel optimix or Byrons Race, the byrons looks like a rather good fuel, and comes in 20% 25% and 30%

The percentage thing is confusing me somewhat, after some reading i was under the impression that smaller engines such as .12 and .15's are to be run on the smaller percentage fuels (16 - 20) wheras the larger ones are to be run on the higher percentages? would the little .12 engine be alright running on 30% race fuel? lol

Byrons is decent stuff, and yes 30% is what i ran on my .12's when i raced.

VINTAGE
    TRX FTW!

Bronze Level BYT Member lilpanther's Avatar

What a thread revival. Glad to see you're still around Roo. That's like a time capsule you have there, I bet it's a blast to drive. And I still remember the dual stick controllers, I need to fine a 2 channel one in 2.4ghz for nostalgia sake.
    7:30 PM [SHORTBUS25] yea i knwo how to google y do i need it for
    7:30 PM [SHORTBUS25] i dont have no question for u
    7:30 PM [SHORTBUS25] to goggle
    7:31 PM [fishyblob] its google, not goggle
    7:31 PM [fishyblob] you wear goggles, google is a number
    7:31 PM [fishyblob] sheesh
    7:31 PM [SHORTBUS25] same diff its looks the same
    7:53 PM [SHORTBUS25] i think the pinion is a 78t

Quote Originally Posted by cbaker65 View Post
    DUDE
    That was so 80...
    My Fleet

Youll be hard pressed to find a 2.4ghz 2 channel stick radio these days however if you really want a stick radio im sure ive got a few traxxas radios laying around somewhere

VINTAGE
    TRX FTW!

Hooray! went out to the coast to take the little truck on the beach, first pull of the starter and the cable would not retract, after taking that apart and fixing it the truck would then not start, then would start and would rev like buggery even with no throttle, upon further investigation it seems as if the carberettor screws are threaded, and the o-ring that is supposed to be inside, is missing

obviously this is a bit of a bugger, oddly it worked fine yesterday, i guess it must be the gnomes breaking things overnight again, anyway, i obviously need a new carb, naturally like hens teeth for the little torq 12 engine, so does the carb from the .15 fit? anyone have any clues? they look about the same

Cheers all

Roo

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast