Full Force RC - When Quality is What You Are After!

Thread: not to happy with full force rc

Unhappy smething weird happened

a whille back I purchesed a heatsink/ motor mount for my rc18t and drag link both made by full force rc. I instaled the parts once I got them and then just never played with the car. it just sat on my self for a few months. so today I decided to pull it off the shelf and play with it. it happened to be raining outside so I just made some room in my family room and played in there. the most bashing I did was putting a pillow on the floor and throwing a small rug over it so only a few inches high just to test the car out. well the steering link was great the car handled alot better and the heat sink wasent to bad, it did a great job of pulling heat away from the motor. but I was really diapointed that I acually managed to bend a cooling fin on it!?!? like I wasnt even bashing it. idk why, it just seemed weird that it would bend that easy. I couldnt imagine it if I was acually was bashing out side, the thing would have been done. how is it even possible for anything to get to the heat sink?
    Last edited by -speedmaxx-; 12-09-2007 at 08:01 PM.
    my rides
    t-maxx- (RACE MAXX) completly upgraded

VXL rustler- speed demon! 3s 4900mah 25c lipo

savage X 4.6- bash king!

rc18t- mamba, aluminum everything

revo- FOR SALE!

Manufacturer - FullForce RC fullforce's Avatar

Default Re: not to happy with full force rc

Hi Speedmaxx,
    Not sure if the best way to get help is to post "not happy with fullforce rc"
    That being said, we have no control over how you drive your truck or what you do with it. This has got to be the first time ever that I've heard of anyone bending fins on our RC18 motor mount. Fact is that unless you ran it without the body on, that heatsink is so well protected by the chassis and body that you simply can't whack it.
    I'm sort of stumped as to how to reply to this. On one hand you're here basically saying that you realy didn't bash your truck, running indoors with small jumps on carpet. On the other hand, I'm thinking how would you have managed to bend a fin on the heatsink? The only thing I can think of is you hit a piece of furniture at just the right angle or something.
    How can you blame FFRC for something like this???
    Romean

Your sig says: "rc18t- (aka CRAZY RC18T) mamba 6800, apogee 3s 1500 lipo, and more"
    So exactly what are you calling "playing"? mamber 6800 with a 3 cell lipo on that truck would be basicaly uncontrollable indoors.
    Romean

id have to agree with romean on this its relly hard to hit the heatsink ive run both my 18t and 18r without body and jumped them the chassis and arms usually protect the insides like the heatsink and motor very well i find u must have hit some furniture or something ure not telling us.

NITRO ISNT WORTH IT!!

sorry for making the title sound mean, I didnt mean it to sound that way. I was just kind of diassapointed that it happened. I also did have the body on so thats another reason why I though it was strange. I am still going to countinue buy from your products btw. your probably right I must have just hit something at the right angle to get to the heat sink. its no big deal, I mean it still works fine. I guess I was just kind of diassapointed when I saw it.
    my rides

savage X 4.6- bash king!

revo- FOR SALE!

Wow! You must have hit something hard in JUST the right spot to bend one of those fins! It is located towards the edge of the chassis but a bottom shot would not do it...the impact would have to come from the side. And to be honest, a poke that hard would have bent anything, FFRC or not.

I love that mount....the horizontal fins are sweet compared to the vertical fins of the Team kit. The FFRC should deliver MUCH better cooling due to this design.

Last edited by Chris; 12-09-2007 at 08:36 PM.

the mount does a GREAT job of pulling heat away from the motor. it drastically reduced my motor temps. I just though it was odd how I acually managed to bend a fin on it. its no big deal though, I just bent it back out and its almost good as new. I just thought it would be a bit stronger but like I said its no big deal. my next purchase from full force rc is going to be bearings for my 18t and maybe those shock bottoms. just a question do the shock bottoms pop out like the stock ones? or do they acually stay in place?
    my rides

savage X 4.6- bash king!

revo- FOR SALE!

Hi speedmaxx,
    No worries. Guess I was a bit irritated with the title reading it on Sunday afternoon. Sounded like you were blaming our quality for some freak accident.
    The spring cups will not pop out. I was personally sick of my kids coming off the track whining that they lost another spring cup. Both of them have RC18 trucks and when we decided to make these, we picked up the design from a friend of mine who had already done the leg work. They clamp onto the springs and they snugly fit onto the ball end too. No way these will fall off. Neither one of my kids has lost one since(not that they've ran their trucks in a while, guess they've taken a break).
    Romean