Thread: Welded?

BYT Member

Default Welded?

I was drivin my truck yester day and it strted revin fast and not pullin that much so I shut er down and checked to see if I had stiped any gears or if something was loose so I couldn't find anything wrong so I fired her up and it did the same thing so I thought diffs sre gone so I tore it down and found a toothless front bevel gear which didnt suprise me but when I opened up the pumpkin on the rear end it looked like thespider gears had been welded to the endside of the pumkin. I have had blown diffs befor but have never seen anything like this befor and I was woondern if you all might know what might have caused this.

Thanks
    1983 CR250R- Money pit with 80hp weighing 195lbs on dirt, what could be more dangerous......

Do i need any more toys? Oh yeah and there are many more.

Gold Level BYT Member savageoner's Avatar

I wished i knew what pumpkin ur talkin bout.

Hey what part of kentuckey is that like places by is do u know where sandyhook or morehead are?
    I used to lose my balls all the time. If you are afraid of losing them then just get a tupperware bowl, some grease, and a toothpick. Dip the toothpick in the grease and then catch a ball.

The "pumkin" is the diff cup which houses the spider gears if I'm not mistaken, oh it's almost halloween, maybe that pumpkin ?

Man I've had diff bearings lodge themselves so deep into the diff I just had to say boo.

Gold Level BYT Member savageoner's Avatar

I never new diffs had pumkins in the they must be pretty small j/k
    I used to lose my balls all the time. If you are afraid of losing them then just get a tupperware bowl, some grease, and a toothpick. Dip the toothpick in the grease and then catch a ball.

Sounds like they got pretty hot to melt into the plastic diff cups! Ouch!! :lol:

Something got VERY hot in their... Thats a new one...

Hmmm I'll add it to the list umpkin.
    I will stand, I will stand, When everything falls away, I will fight this war forever, or until I die.

my mini t diffs were prety shot after 10 runs or more. they dont look welded but they look shreded

Nitro IS worth while.
    Have an open mind.
    Buy whatever you want to buy, not what everyone tells you to buy.

BYT Member

Yes savageoner Im not from Morehead but my dad is though and know we live way down in the sticks of Lincoln County.
    Socalnitro you are right about that part that I was talkin about and Its also good to know that somebody can translate my hillbilly/red neck language.
    1983 CR250R- Money pit with 80hp weighing 195lbs on dirt, what could be more dangerous......

Do i need any more toys? Oh yeah and there are many more.

My mini-t diff is destroyed. I am getting a new one.
    Losi Ten SCTE (tenshock sc401, hobbywing sct pro)
    Losi 8ight T e 2.0 (losi xcelorin 2100, xcelorin esc)
    Traxxas Stampede 4x4