Thread: Need clutch help(pictures)

Banned from BYT

Default Need clutch help(pictures)

Hey everyone.

well here we go again! lol

awile back i posted a thread in here about some clutch help. well none of my problems really got soled besides what shoe to run.

now im in a bigger mess. well IMO.

alright so im switching from a picco .26 to a sirio .23.

the clutch set up on the picco was a integy 3 piece shoe, with the integy 3 pin flywheel. ran this untill i smeered the shoes and broke the stock traxxas clutch spring.

i then moved up to the nova 3 shoe, adjustable clutch shoes. slid right onto the integy flywheel. although. these shoes were taller. CB no longer covered the whole shoe, and my pins on the fly wheel no longer were flush with the top of the shoes. This was on of the problems that were never solved. so i ran 3 gallons through these shoes this way, now they are ruined. well i could probably still use them. but wouldnt like to.

i picked up a sport werks flywheel, here they are compared.

here's my problem with the way the shoes sit on either flywheel

integy

SW

might be able to see these more clearer

integy-

SW

alright, got that explained well enough.
    well, this problem needs to be solved.

in order for me to cover these shoes all of the way, i need to run a savage or similiar CB.

problem- the savage CB is taller then the maxx series CB's. so there for you can no longer use the "C" clip to retain the CB onto the crank shaft.

problem #2
    the end of the crank on the sirio is NOT threaded. so i cannot just thread a bolt into the end of the crank and be ready to go.

Default Re: Need clutch help(pictures)

i'm having similar problems with my mad force. still haven't found a solution. good luck.
    Losi LST2 | Losi 8ight B | BL Losi 8ight T 2.0 | BL HPI Savage | Traxxas Revo | Kyosho Mad Force | BL Truggified Slash | BL RC10T4.2 | BL Ofna Hyper Mini STe | BL Anderson MB4T

maybe a werks t maxx racing clutch.

When you go to get shoes, take the CB you plan to use and match up the width of the shoes, to the length of the pins and the depth of the CB.. I've had fits from mismatched clutch parts before as well, but Now I try to piece them together on the spot, so I can see any potential interference issues..

One of the best working setups I've tried is a Mugen fly, Savy CB, Mugen shoes and springs.. Worked flawlessly on the STS in my Revo.. Before I went BB I had put the MIP shoes and spring kit in the stock clutch and it worked killer.

Banned from BYT

i cant find any other shoes. the only other shoe si know of that fit with the maxx series bells are the stock 2 shoe compostie(junk) the 2 shoe MIP(only a little better, still toooo weak) and the junk integy springs which are 3 shoe. but need the traxxas spring to run. JUNK!

i am at a stand still. lol

good luck stinger!
    maybe someone can rescue the both of us from a huge down time of running, well me atleast