Thread: JD Carbon Pushrods/ Turnbuckles & NE rodends..

Default JD Carbon Pushrods/ Turnbuckles & NE rodends..

Well, once again I'll give a review of a product I've used / abused.

I bought the JD TB's and Pushrods for my Revo, in the hopes they'd be tougher than the OG's.. At the Same time I also scored the New Era Aluminum rodends.

First the JD stuff.

the stuff came well packaged from Tekno Rc, At the time I ordered my " bundle " of JD stuff including their CF hingepins, Tekno was out of stock for the JD PR's with Stainless ends, so they ( at my request ) substituted the Alum ended ones.

A PR was the first to bite the dust, with the end snapping off clean following a very mild curb encounter.. The Aluminum they use for the ends appears to be quite soft. But I shrugged it off and firured they must really just be for racing.

Then today I broke another one, and one of the SS ended Tb's broke in two right in the middle!! I honestly wouldn't reccommend these Parts to some one who is a violent basher, crash prone, or both like me.. I broke those pieces today off @ a 20 ft dune, at a fairly high rate of speed, to put it in perspective. Also, by nature of their design, they have no means to turn them with a wrench for adjust ment, something that makes them very un-user friendly.

They may be cool for racing, or non-violent ( read: feeble wimpy style ) bashing, but I wouldn't care to find out again..

As for the NE rod ends, as with most of their products I've used, their either hit or miss. Unfortunatly, the All-american Aluminum rod ends they sell for the Revo are a miss.. I stripped three of them in a VERY short ammount of time, and the machining quality looked suspect from the word go..Don't waste a penny on these..

I hate giving a product a bad review, but I hate any fellow BYT er's wasting their $$$ just as much as mine..

Hopefully my next review will have a happy ending ( like the STS .30 ), as I'm getting tired of cheesy parts breakages ruining bash time..

Edit: On a good note, the JD Carbon hingepins seem to be holding up quite well, amazing considering how small they are in proportion to the load they see VS. the size of the PR's / TB's.. I dig em'..
    Last edited by TurboDog; 03-08-2007 at 11:37 AM.

Default Re: JD Carbon Pushrods/ Turnbuckles & NE rodends..

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. At least it sounds like you're driving pretty hard!

I guess all I can say is that like all RC products, with enough of a beating they will break. Fortunately (and unlike many RC manufacturers) we cover you with a replacement guarantee!

It's weird how some things break - just the other day, me and a buddy were jumping 20+ feet with my revo and his savage off a giant snowbank. Both held up great, until my buddy did a sideways slide on some ice and hit his boot with the rear tire of his savage. We hear this loud crack, and his axle carrier snapped. It took 20 feet of jumping, and broke hitting his toe.

Anyhow, just shoot us an email with details, I'd love to see pics (helps us make the products better). The only cost for you is shipping.

Thanks
    John

Thanks JD for stepping up and commenting on this! You guys have a great warranty and that says a lot for the confidence you have in your product!

JD, if you guys will post your return adress, I'll gladly return the pushrods and turnbuckles.. I am camera-less at the moment. The pushrods are partially my fault, I got the Alum ended ones knowing good and well I'd probly break them because the vendor I dealt with was out of stock of the Stainless ended ones.

And don't feel too bad, I've broken so much stuff on this truck it's a shame.

As for making them stronger / better, ( I'm no engineer mind you ) I believe making them solid Vs. tubular may help as would 4340 Cro-molly steel ends. And some means of adjusting them with a wrench would be great. Like I said in my first post, it was not totally the appeal of light weight that attracted me to them in the first place, it was the hopes of stronger than stock strength, without burdening the truck with too much extra weight. I'd gladly throw a few more grams of weight on the truck for man of steel durability, as the pushrods on a Revo seem to take a lot of abuse.

And thanks for your support

Bronze Level BYT Member patgotnitro's Avatar

Yeah man, i dont think your revo minds extra weight with that STS .30 pushing it around, its probobly a welcome means of keeping it rubber side down

Sig by jesse braham
    http://tinyurl.com/2w77h7