Thread: how to post vids?

Default how to post vids?

im wondering how to post videos on here? like do u need a new style video camera thing or can u use the old vhs type one? can u use a digital camera? n then how do u put it on the internet or comp? thanks

BYT official flamer of noobs suicideneil's Avatar

Default Re: how to post vids?

Ohhh dear. Ummm, you will need a digital video camera of some description- Hi8, DVD recorder or one of the new hard-disc type recorders, or even a digital camera with movie capture features; an old fashioned VHS camcorder is defunct these days.

After recording your film and editing it with something like Windows movie maker, make sure it is in .MPG or .WMV format and no more than about 6-10MB in size. You will now need somewhere to upload it to. I suggest youtube.com or putfile.com for this. Once that is done they will give you a link (or 3) for the movie, copy the code into a new post on this site, under 'rc video forum' in the 'general rc chat' section. Should be straight forward enough, just get yourself a good digital video camera and you're good to go.

The fountain of r/c knowledge: robotwars.00server.com
    Flaming noobs since June '06

ok well my sister she has a good digital camera...i think it costed close to 500 dollars n it can take movies so ill have to try that. thanks i just wasnt sure

BYT official flamer of noobs suicideneil's Avatar

No problemo.

The fountain of r/c knowledge: robotwars.00server.com
    Flaming noobs since June '06

Gold Level BYT Member Josh the 2nd's Avatar

Dosent matter how much it costs... As long as it works!
    I'm Back!
    Currently working on a Losi LST.

Yea you can use any video recorder, even the big old vhs ones from back in the day, but if you have one of them you need a usb adaptor that you plug your rca cables in from the camrea, A newer camrea woudl be best, You can plug it right into your computer with the Fire wire , No adaptor needed..