Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Good example of priming an engine

Default Re: Good example of priming an engine

I have a primer bulb on my T-MAXX, and it works well. I use it when the line is dry, and plug the exhaust and use the ez start when the fuel is almost to the carb. I have a B-17 Betty body by Axial, and it has a big square cut out from the factory that exposes the engine head and the fuel tank (and everything in between) it is great, minimal cutting! It came out better than I could have imagined. I have to get some pics up. Well, to the point, I routed my fuel line from under the tank to behind the engine and over the shock tower (under the body mount) and around the ez start piece. Then it goes over the ez start motor and to the carb. I left it loose, so that I can use the bulb with the body on, and when I'm done, I push it back under the body mount where it is protected and out of the way. It works great, and between the associated bulb, du-bro fuel filter and the fuel line, it gives me time to flip it over when it rolls. I think this is the best way to prime the engine and route your fuel lines.

i just use an old foam ear plug in the tail pipe pull it out when i see the fuel reach the carb also use the same ear plug to keep the oil in and not on my jeep / cloths when not running it

Even better than an old foam ear plug is that piece that covers the spout on the fuel filler bottle. Get a couple (as you probably only have one, and that is still being used), it is the perfect size to fit over the stinger. It keeps it from leaking, and you could use it to prime the engine before you take it off to run the truck. The only thing is that the ones that I bought were a little tight at first, I had to stretch then out a little, so don't think that they don't fit because they are just new. I can no longer use this though, I have a heat resistant hose that goes over my stinger and bends backward and is zip-tied to the rear upper A-arm (it doesn't hamper movement, its flexible enough), it dumps the exhaust out the back and keeps my truck so much cleaner. It does lose a slight bit of power, but it is worth it, it even gives it a lower exhaust note. I stuff a piece of tissue in there to keep it from leaking.

my aftershock also came with the primer on the tank, seems if i dont run the truck for a couple of days there is a inch of air before the carb and it takes 10 or so pumps to get the air lock out. but i usually take the line off the pipe and blow or plug the exhaust. it all depends on the day i like to mix it up!!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chicks dig guy's that run nitro.........

I beat out of love. AliveoutofSpite's Avatar

I've used the bulb since I got mine, and it hasn't let me down yet. Once in a while I'll use the plug n' pull (well, push...gonna get rid of the ez start soon; somehow I have a multitude of pull starters and carbs, and a trucks worth of broken pieces. And dead plugs) for the heck of it.
    Oh, nitro sucks in the eyes...don't ask.

Yeah,I've tried that, didnt work out so good on the first time I tried it, but now I know when to stop sucking on the tube And that gas BURNS!!!!!!!!!! But still a good way or I'll stick my fingereover the xhaust.

I beat out of love. AliveoutofSpite's Avatar

I just noticed i posted that on my birthday...I can't really remember what I was doing at the time.
    Aaah...getting ready for the party.
    Anyhow, another good enough way when there's a lot of air is just pull the line and let the fuel gravity drain until it's starting to come out. Wicked fast.
    BEAT. FIX. REPEAT.
    Warning: Objects in the air are more screwed than they appear.
    S.C.A.Bs-South Carolina Association of Bashers
    There is a long way, too long, that I have to travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by RCJohn View Post
    i did something pretty stupid the other day as well. i went out with my crawler and thought that the esc was all buggered up cause every time i hit the forward it went backwards and vice versa. when i got home i took it to the bench... i put the body on backwards

that's what i do as well... always works for me to...

Garage:
    Savage Flux HP
    SC10
    Slash
    ME-revo
    Micro-DT
    Micro Rally
    Blade mCPX
    Spektrum DX3S

New BYT Member

i just plug the exhaust

New BYT Member

plug the exhaust nitro fuel is hamful

New BYT Member

I didn't realize there were so many ways to prime.
    -Ric

1/16 Revo
    Rusty VXL

Cape Cod, Ma

Haha i have never seen that.. Mine came with a prime pump so i will just use that haha.

i just plug the exhaust.lol. but i've done it before

I simpley put my fingers under that exaust and pull

i either plug the exaust or pull the line off the pipe and blow, that shoots it right in there
    Losi XXX-4 G+, Durango DEX408
    [1330]: I want a rocket powered magic carpet while playing a flaming bass keyboard guitar while shooting peanut butter out of my eyes

Losi LST2 | Losi 8ight B | BL Losi 8ight T 2.0 | BL HPI Savage | Traxxas Revo | Kyosho Mad Force | BL Truggified Slash | BL RC10T4.2 | BL Ofna Hyper Mini STe | BL Anderson MB4T

Plug or blow works best

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234