Thread: mach 28 or sure fire 32

Default mach 28 or sure fire 32

most of the specs on these two engines seem to be about the same. a friend has a mach 28 in his lst2 and it has a lot of power however i have heard great things about the sure fire. My question is is there goin to be the 50.00 worth of difference for the sure fire over the mach in my savage le

thanks for any help

Default Re: mach 28 or sure fire 32

the SF should consume more fuel since its bigger and has 8 ports rather than 3. also usually the more ports the smoother the powerband.

i'm in the same boat here,, i'm waiting Chris to put some videos up of his SF32,, i'm also considering the Werks Collari .32

i've seen it at the track,, it was a crazy fast motor.
    Losi LST2 | Losi 8ight B | BL Losi 8ight T 2.0 | BL HPI Savage | Traxxas Revo | Kyosho Mad Force | BL Truggified Slash | BL RC10T4.2 | BL Ofna Hyper Mini STe | BL Anderson MB4T

Of those two I'd probly say the SF .32. I'm basing this off of rumors that the Sure Fire .32 and the Axial .32 are about the same. If that's the case, then I'd deffinately go with the SF .32. as my buddy's Axial is pretty dang tough.. AS for the Collari, I've got two of the .32's and I still haven't really decided if i love them or not. I just finished breaking in the one in my Savage and tommorow I'll break in the one in my Mad Force. from my first experience with it I'll say this much: they're kinda difficult to tune, run a little on the warm side and the factory recomended break in settings aren't even in the ball park. However, it RIPS!!

It moves my Savage like his Axial moves the much lighter Mad Force..

Don't forget about the O.S. 30.. Another co-worker just ordered one for his Savage and I'll be able to have a three way shootout soon, and I'll report honest un biased opinion. Also, Sirio make a .30 as well but I've heard nothing about it.. It may be a pretty bad dude.. or at least it better be for the $369 I've seen it advertised for..

the o.s 30 was what i was goin to get as im a huge OS fan. But i have been told be several people that the engine is ported badly or something and its not all that great. the mach 28 is only 150.00 and says it has 3.6hp my firends savage rips. i just want to know if i should get that one or spend 50.00 more and get the sf as it is rated at 3.6 too. torque i think will make all the difference

I went with the MACH 28 and i'm glad i did. It performs just as good as the SF and the OS at a fraction of the price. And rebuild is cheap when it needs it. I've got well over a gallon through mine and it still wheelies without a problem it has 16CB and 48 Spur and it weighs 18LBS with LST tires. So i vote for the MACH 28. I posted up video's of it running if you can't find it PM me and i'll send it to you.
    MY GARAGE
    SAVAGE 25
    MACH 28
    3 SPEED
    HPI FIRESTORM
    21CB
    HYPER 7 TQ SPORT KIT
    MACH 26ss
    HOT BODIES LSP
    LRP 28

My Mach427 is 7 ports.

Paid $128 and it came with engine mount, flywheel, Losi Roto and Air Filter.

Ebay.

Still trying to break it in....I say trying because it just killed my Roto Start.

Yes the glow plug was loosened.

That Roto's seen a pile of 28's, I was amazed it lasted this long.
    UNITED STATES NAVY (RETIRED)[/URL]