• RC Suspension RSS Feed

Article Preview

This review is a bit different from the others. The others tend to be initial impressions, or at least from a two week period, of running. I have had these towers on my 18B for about 2 months now and have been using them throughout. Once I received the towers, and used them for a little bit, I then found myself contacting FullForce RC again and placing an order for just about every piece of aluminum that they had for the kit. I ...
    Article Preview

It was over a year ago when we first chatted with the guys at GorillaMaxx looking for some stuff to do a review on. At the time, they were specializing in E-Maxx hop-ups and we did not have one of those in our stable. About a month ago, they contacted us with some great news. They had a new G3 Race Suspension they wanted us to try out! We checked out their web site and could not stop staring at their sweet new setup.

As you know, we at BYT are not "racers" per say, we were born to bash. After testing this "race" suspension out for almost a month, it is apparent that the G3 is also born to bash. Read on my friends!

FIRST IMPRESSIONS: The arms come packaged in a manner that the pieces are kept separate, eliminating any chance of shipping scuffs. All the hardware required is included and is the nice quality, black finished type. It will look great with the aluminum. The hardware and shock spacers come in separate, Zip Lock baggies to make ...
    Article Preview

When I first got these arms in my hand I was a bit baffled. They looked like a re-issue of the arms that were already available. So, how could this be something new and how could new arms gain length of the RC18(x) overall? And, for those wondering, I call them 18x’s as the 18t, 18mt, 18b, and now the 18r, are all generally the same platform. I saw the pictures on the FullForce RC website and had to try them out for myself.

The new FullForce ...
    Article Preview

Anyone who owns an LST (and even those who do not own one) knows that the biggest weak spot on the big 1/8 scale truck is the suspension arms. If you have an LST and have never snapped a suspension arm, you are simply not beating your truck! The stock arms may as well be made from balsa wood. They break often and easily! It is a crying shame that a $600 truck that has so much going for it can’t handle a 4 foot jump without snapping arms upon landing.

We LOVE our LST! We have just never been able to do any serious beating with it. Until now....

By now most of you have heard about FlexTek and their industry shaking titanium ...
    Article Preview

Ahhh. It's winter time again here in the frigid state of Wisconsin and often times that means limited monster truck time. Either it's too cold or the snow is too deep or BOTH! The new snow skis from FullForce RC have no trouble with deep snow but they won't warm it up outside. However they may help you forget how cold it really is. We have to admit, we never imagined these skis would work so well. They make a frosty, snowy day the perfect day for RC trucking...or should we say, RC skiing.

Yet again FullForce RC has proven that they are not sitting around ...
    Article Preview

As you may have noticed, we have been busy reviewing springs lately! FullForce RC has recently introduced dual rate springs for the Traxxas Maxx trucks. We wasted no time in getting our hands on these new “boingers”!

The springs come in a package of eight. We opted for the "blue" springs to match the color scheme of our truck. FullForce RC offers them in ...
    Article Preview

Big stiffy! Our local hobby store guru told us that the hot setup at his local track was running one of these Trinity springs at each corner of the truck. So, we went with 4 springs and decided to give that a shot.

Our LHS guy was right. After running the truck extensively ...
    Article Preview

Ahhh. I can still remember it like it was yesterday. Back when we got our first T-Maxx’s, we were busting stock arms like they were a dime a dozen. I remember wishing that someone would make an “indestructible” set of arms. With plastic arms, either the material is too soft and you get too much arm flex (less responsive) or it is too hard (becomes brittle). Aluminum is a good material but can reduce responsiveness because of extra weight, depending on the design, and can be bent fairly easily. Either way, plastic and aluminum have been our only choices for monster truck suspension arms......until now. FlexTek RC is on the scene with new cast TITANIUM suspension arms that look tough as nails (ummm…tough as titanium nails) and are an industry first.

FIRST ...
    Article Preview

If you haven't considered upgrading the springs on your Maxx or AE Monster GT yet, it's time to seriously consider it. A spring upgrade is one of the best ways to improve the handling and jumping ability of your truck.

There are a ton of different spring rates out there. Remember this: the softer the spring, the ...
    Article Preview

Impact Performance Products has truly created a performance upgrade for the T-Maxx that nobody else is offering (not that we know of anyway). The TTRS (True Track Rear Suspension) kit from IPP includes everything you need to make your T-Maxx lighter, easier to work on and to have a perfect rear toe-in adjustment of 1°. Sound good? We thought so too. IPP offers the kit in high-strength plastic or 6061 aluminum. We opted for ...
    Article Preview

Team Losi has done a great job shaking up the RC world with their Mini-T. A SLEW of "mini" RC vehicles have popped onto the market but dare we say none have had the success thus far as the Losi Mini-T. With that success, comes one of our favorite things.....hop-ups! It's what every true RC fanatic thinks about 24 hours a day "I can't wait to get some shiny this or super strong that for my truck."

FullForce RC was on the ball with the release of the Mini-T offering a number of components to make your Mini-T tougher and cooler looking to boot. Let's take a look at some of the ...
    Article Preview

Even with the latest assault of 1/18 scale mini RC vehicles, the Mini-T is still a hot player in this category. And if you own one or have ever driven one, you understand why. One of the biggest weak points on the Mini-T is the cruddy friction shocks it comes with. Racer’s Edge to the rescue!

BYT has been running the Team Losi Shock upgrade for quite some time ...
    Article Preview

The RC Raven Shock Towers gave us plenty of adjustment for shock location, 5 to be exact. Combined with the three settings at the lower a-arms (Pro-Line Kit), we had a ton of different combinations to play with. This is a big plus for us as we constantly ...
    Article Preview

It's time to wash our socks! We have been running the Full Force RC shock boots for the past month. Results? They work very well. We have to admit, at first we were a little reluctant about using them as we didn't see a big value. Oh boy were we wrong! They do a very nice job ...
    Article Preview

The RC Raven Dual Rate Springs work great (check out the picture to the left showing the RC Raven Dual Rates (silver) versus the springs from the Big Bore Shocks). They feel stiffer than the stock Big Bores Springs and yet proved to work well both during ...

• Other BYT Sites

BYT Facebook BYT YouTube BYT Twitter BYT Merchandise BYT MySpace
  • BYT Sponsors

FullForce RC - For all your RC needs!

Axial Racing!

• Monthly Photo Contest Winner

Winner: popasqat 
Date: January 2013 
Contest Theme: Winter Time Weather
    Winner: popasqat Date: January 2013 Contest Theme: Winter Time Weather
    More...
  • BYT Affiliate Deals